I feel very fortunate to now live in a place where people instantly recognize the name and the bridge associated with it. I arrived at the women´s rescidence last night a little disoriented. The woman that works at the front desk, Susana, was very patient and nice about everything. She even gave me a moment to relax and orient myself. At dinner I introduced myself to everyone. I asked them about what they were doing. Everyone here is studying something different. There are a few girls I met last night who are doing translation. Granada has a really good translation school. I chatted away and everytime I told folks that I lived next to San Francisco they commented,"Que guay" (that almost sounds like why in English) because they had all heard of San Francisco. I felt instantly better that everyone was so open and friendly. The residence is simple but with beautiful views, clean sheets, and a quiet private room. Everything I need! More later. I´m going to try and sign up for cooking classes today.
peace-Maggie
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment